About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Monday, February 18, 2013

Unity {be inspired} Challenge

Funny thing, after finishing this card, I didn't really realize that the "be inspired" matched my sentiment.

I always loved the "white on white" technique, but thought it was too weddingish.  But when faced with two different challenges...I knew I could make it work for what I wanted to do.

My best friend's daughter is fighting the early stages of Lupus.  She's only 17.  But she is a strong angel and is determined to fight and get past the worse part of the disease...the beginning.  Her favorite color is purple....so she gets Lavender in her card.

Supplies:

Stamps:  Both Unity.  Flower Strip (August 2011 KOM), Sentiment (Naturally You).

Punches & Dies:  Sizzix (Leaf Branch, Flowers (Tim Holtz Tattered Roses), Scalloped Circle Framelits), Martha Stewart (Pine Branches), EKSuccess (Lattice Strip), Memory Box (Butterfly - Vivienne)

Misc:  Ribbon (Offray Organza/Satin), Ink (Lavender - Studio G, Black - Hampton Arts a la Mode), Stickles (Star Dust, Lavender), Shimmer Gel Pen (purple), Brad.

Thanks for looking :)

Current Challenges:  Unity {be inspired} Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge

7 comments:

  1. WOW THIS IS SUPER DUPER Gorgeous! LOVE YOUR little falling hearts on your blog to. :) I am sending my prayers out to your friend's daughter for continue strength - what a BEAUTIFUL CARD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. love your take on the challenge and the sentiment is perfecto!!!
    thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and inspiring design for her. These colors are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done with a perfect message, Sheryl! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week! (And would you please consider not using that word verification? It is SO hard to decipher)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't even know it was active. It's fixed now :)

      Delete
  5. Love the white on white. So crisp. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, I love all your very pretty details.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete