About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Friday, January 10, 2014

Heartfelt Sympathy

Happy Friday!

I really really hate making sympathy cards.  So much so that I don't make them to keep them on hand.  I make them as needed.

My husband's best friend passed away on January 2nd after battling with a brain tumor for a few years.  He decided to quit with radiation and chemotherapy and a couple months later he went Home.  He left behind a wife and 2 sons (10 and 14).  He will be missed.

The stamps I used:
Unity:  Everything Wonderful (sentiment), Donna Downey's Insightful Meadows, and Donna Downey's Imagine It.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp multiple flowers and leaves to make the "bouquet" fuller.  I just love my Stamp-a-ma-jig  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.


16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. So sorry for your loss Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I HATE making sympathy cards but his one is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Sorry for the loss that you have had. I hate making them too but when I lost my sister and Dad within 3 weeks of each other, I was comforted with the cards that I got. You are doing a very kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely and I am sure the family will appreciate the love that went into making this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this. This beautiful card hopefully lifted their spirits. It is stunning in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sympathy card. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sheryl. So sorry for the loss and those poor kids losing their dad at such a young age. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear the sad news. I've know a number of people battling cancer the past year, and it's always sad and so hard on the family. Your card is so beautiful!! I love the soothing blue, and pray your friend's wife will be comforted in some way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss, sending prayers your way. Your card is absolutely stunning! Love the way you stamped the flowers, breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, Sherry. I'm sure it will be so appreciated by his family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so lovely. Love the watercolor effect. I'm so sorry about your husband's best friend...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure this beautiful cards will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure your husband is hurting

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, Sheryl. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Sheryl. I am so sorry for the loss of your family friend. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful card---it's sad when we have to make sympathy cards! Sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete